Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Eh??? The food not what we hoped.

Sail Date: January 01, 2012

The newly refurbished ship was very nice. It was super clean. Unlike other ships it was decorated with class. It didn't look like a strip club exploded like some of the others, no ugly neon lights... nice color schemes, tasteful.

Pros: The boat was beautiful, the service excellent

Cons: The food was not great... not even close.

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.

The lines for the buffets were not very well set up, it was hard to figure out where to start and people were going in all directions.
There were a few really good things but I didn't want to eat those items every night. I didn't think there was much of a variety, for example, the carved meat section, it was ham every night! On other cruises there was ham, beef roast, pork loin, prime rib... We only attended the main dining room twice and were very disappointed both nights. All in all I would say, the desserts (cheese cake especially) the bread were all very good the buffet was good, some was really good-stir fry and pasta stuff, but the main dining room, I wouldn't walk across the street to eat at again. If I were going to rate JUST that I'd say a zero but beings the other stuff was being counted I gave it a 2.
The layout for me was confusing, but that wasn't the ships fault, I just couldn't get my directions straight.
The ship was super clean... I had to use a public bathroom a couple times and they were spotless. Everything was very well maintained.
Very nice rooms, clean and pretty comfortable.
Staff was excellent.