Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Our Best Cruise ever!!!!

Sail Date: July 01, 2011

This was our first cruise on Celebrity and it wont't be our last! We were impressed from the minute we came on the ship with how friendly the staff all were and polite.With the exception of one or two staff that we met they were all tremendous. We did a 7 day cruise to Bermuda and enjoyed every minute of the cruise. We chose to not have an assigned dinner time and had no problems making reservations each night to eat in the dining room or just showing up, we never waited more than 10 minutes and that was only one night that was just very busy. We thought the shows were excellent and the cruise director Mike was great. He was friendly and outgoing to everyone he met.

Pros: The staff were wonderful, the shows were excellent! Food was great!

Cons: The beds.......worst mattress I have ever slept on while on a cruise, or land for that matter! I had a bruise on my hip from my mattress.

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!

We found the ship to be very clean and well maintained. There were staff cleaning constantly. The bathrooms that I was in on the ship were always clean and many times had fresh flowers. The bathrooms near the Cosmopolitan had the nicest young attendant in their with fresh towels that she handed to you and a wonderful smile.
The room was a little smaller than on other ships but they had plenty of storage and our suitcases fit under the bed without problem. My main problem was the mattress...it was VERY hard and uncomfortable. We were able to get an eggcrate foam overlay on it but even that didnt help and neither one us slept well for the whole cruise. We talked with others on the cruise that shared our same lament. The room was very clean and we had fresh flowers in the bathroom. We did have to ask twice to have our refrigerator unlocked so my husband could store some water in there but they were very apologetic. We upgraded to concierge and it was very nice. We were sorry we never ordered breakfast in our room since a full menu was one of the perks.
Food was wonderful and the suggestions made by the staff were always right on target.I am a very picky eater and I had no trouble finding something I liked each night. I am on Weight Watchers and the staff were very accomodating by letting me order 2 extra veggies each night. The fruit cup was a different one each night and delicious. I tried all the cold soups also and found them to be very tasty. My husband loved the fact that he could get shrimp cocktail each night. The Aqua Spa Cafe was great for a light breakfast or lunch and they had great salad offerings in there. I also enjoyed the choices in ice cream offered each day that it was not just your typical vanilla or chocolate soft serve. They had sugar free, yogurt and sorbet to choose from every day. The ambience in the buffet and the main resturant were both well done and very clean. Although you had to walk around the first time to see where everything was located in the buffet there was plenty of choices.
I would have to say that 99% of the staff that we saw in the hallways, met in the dining room, pool area, shops, anywhere were friendly, gracious, helpful and very accomodating.
The shows each night were the best we have seen on crusie ships, the singers and dancers were great!!!!!!! The comedian was hysterical and the female impresonist was tremendous. We took in as much as we could with shows, games and music that the ship had to offer and there was plenty.