Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Old boat and dirty boat

Sail Date: April 09, 2011

Ship was very old and the staff didn't seem like they wanted to be there. I told an officer that the pool was dirty and he shot me a look like I did something wrong. I ended up going to guest relations who contacted someone who mentioned they just cleaned the pool. If this was true then I wondered where the dirty and hair balls came from that were floating on the bottom of the pool.

Pros: The ports

Cons: Dirty pool, rusty boat, hand rails were all worn.

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.

Ship had a lot of space that wasn't used. ie: florist.
For the size of the room the set up was terrible. The bed should of been closer to the balcony and the vanity should have been closer to the bathroom
Staff seemed tired and looked like they needed a break
The buffet served the same food every night. THE SAME FOOD. Typically a cruise would mimic what is being served in the main dining room.
Singers, dancers, comic and other performers where very good.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Went to St. Jonh's - Trunk Bay. The trip was too short, only 3 hours but the sites were beautiful.
St. John's, Antigua
Street folks are WAY too aggressive.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Swam with the turtles and even saw sting rays.
Castries, St. Lucia
Been there twice now and it truly is a special place. We took the land & sea tour and it gave us a look at the whole island.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Rented a jeep and saw the whole island.