Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Good cruise, some shortcomings

Sail Date: November 01, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Even though the ship is nearly 10 years old, it is in great shape. Small amounts of wear here and there, but it is in good shape. I'm a wine guy and the sommelier at dinner was excellent. The various clubs gave some neat places to see some musical acts. you did feel a bit of rocking from time to time even in calm seas, but nothing terrible. I had a Concierge class room and the perks it came with really made the cruise special to me.

Pros: Premium service, sommelier, Concierge Class

Cons: Activities, stateroom attendant

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!

Nearly all of the staff wanted to do more, but sometimes I doubted what they could actually do. Replacement meal, sure! Addressing a botched shore excursion...maybe not.
I liked the few activities that seemed to be right for me, although it seemed that the schedule was filled with bingo, shopping tips and the like. When there was something for me (35 years old) it was approaching midnight and was too late for me. Prime time activities were pretty dull.
The size is not as large as some of the newer ships, but it has quite a few nooks to hang out. It was clean and the decor was modern.
The food was good. Better than my last cruise. Service was consistently slow in the main dining room, possibly a capacity issue. It was usually warm by the end of the meal too. As I said earlier, the wine server was superb.
Nicely sized. Received fresh fruit daily as well as flowers. Occasionally the room was a bit noisy from the floor above, but that never stopped me from sleeping. Attendant seemed to miss a lot though. Leftover wine glasses and utensils languished for days.
I didn't send my 3 year old to the program but we checked it out and it seemed pretty good.