Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean

A new standard for all future cruises!

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

Our trip on the Celebrity Summit changed my opinion of cruises forever. My expectations were topped in every way on a daily basis. The staff- everyone from security to our stateroom attendant to our servers at dinner- always had a great attitude of friendliness and efficiency. We couldn't believe how they went out of their way to make sure we had anything we needed. The variety of things to do onboard was dizzying. We used the cinema one night for a great film, we won money in the casino, we watched variety shows and a great comedian in the theatre, we shopped, we used the gym for yoga class and the treadmills... I could go on and on. And then there were the shore excursions- of course, one can relax as much or as little as desired, but we chose to live it up. Every day was something even more exciting on the US Virgin Islands we hit. We did a BOSS underwater adventure, hiked to the top of Mt. Liamuiga, and rode bikes to a waterfall. At the same time, some of our older family members chose to take some of the less strenuous tours, and loved them just as much as we did ours. All of the tours were excellent and made for amazing memories.
One of the most impressive things onboard was the food. I'm in the wine and food industry and I can tend to be a harsh judge in this area, but I can say without hesitation that our meals were excellent! There were seemingly infinite choices at breakfast and lunch, and dinner was truly fine dining in service, presentation and preparation. I loved that half the dinner menu was consistent from night to night, and the other half changed nightly. It was baffling that the quality of cuisine they were putting out could be done for so many people at once. We were all greatly impressed.
It had been 14 years since my last cruise (on a different line), and now I am a loyal fan of Celebrity. We're already planning our next trip. Thanks for a family vacation suited to everyone's needs. We can't wait to do it all again!

Pros: Service, food, onboard activities, shore excursions

Cons: too short!

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!