Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Winter Escape

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

We decided to escape from the snow by taking a cruise to the Southern Caribbean. And what an escape it was! We sailed on the beautiful Celebrity Summit. Our daughter asked us what the experience was like. We told her it was like staying in a giant floating 5 Star Hotel and eating in a 5 Star Restaurant every night. Our stateroom was meticulously cared for. How I enjoyed arising early in the morning and reading by the window. The love seat was positioned so I could do this. I watched as the ship approached each destination. At night I could see the full moon reflecting on the waters. We kept the drapes open all the time.

In the evening we found ourselves gravitating mostly to the Revelations Lounge. Great parties were always going on there. We especially enjoyed the night they did Name That Tune for 50s and 60s music. The cruise directors had planned some fun interactive activities. We found ourselves in a huge conga line and in a singing contest with the other side of the room. On the last day we even took a Swing Class taught by two of the Celebrity dancers.

We enjoyed the live entertainment especially the fantastic acapella male singing group and the amazing xylosynth player. Though we are not usually night owls we found ourselves up every night after 12:00 PM because of the many exciting options for entertainment. The ships band was one of the most versatile we have encountered. They could play salsa, oldies, country, Caribbean and dance music with equal skill.

The food in the dining room was a delight Besides being delicious, it was truly art on a plate. Our waiter was especially attentive. One night when I was having trouble deciding which of the delectable desserts I wanted from the tray, the waiter surprised me by bringing both!

Since we are cruise novices we really appreciated the expert help by with such matters as cruise and health insurance, shore excursions, preparation tips etc.

It wouldnt be hard to contemplate another such escape from the snow!

Pros: Night life on ship and shore excursions

Cons: Thestre music tooloud

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!