Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

sleepless on the summit

Sail Date: April 01, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

rooms 2181 & 2185 are right under the washing kitchens just before the crew cabins. They have been there from the begining so they most likely have heard complaints of the very loud banging and scraping noises from about 3am --5 or 6 am. My son came running in scared there was something wrong with the ship. My daughter had a nightmare. We reported the noise but we were confused with fatuige as to the location. By the 3rd time of them telling me they didn't know where it could be coming from. I put on my robe at 3:30 in the morning and went in search of it and found it right away. Then went to guest services and asked if they could hold it down. I understand things have to be washed but they don't have to slam things around and into those big metal sinks and scrape stuff across the floors. It sounded like big garbage trucks banging dumpsters half the night. I started going to sleep around 10pm to get a jump on the noise and it still made for 4
crabby clients. WHATEVER YOU DO WHEN YOU BOOK FIND OUT WHERE THE DISH WASHING IS!!!!! No one told us and we really thought this was going to be the vacation of our lives. It turned into a night mare.

Pros: the wait staff

Cons: the loud noises from 3-6 am

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.