Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A fun/relaxing cruise!!!!!

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

Celebrity Summit offered a very relaxing atmosphere. The Conceirge Class Room was well worth the low cost upgrade. the overall food quality was delicious. The only things I was disappointed in the the fact that there was no Carribbean Deck Party as I remembered in the past. They did have a Latin "Sizzle" night, but it just wasn't the same. Also, the "Grand Buffet" I remembered was replaced by a Dessert Buffet. The Buffet itself was spectacular although it was not organized well since it was held in one of the clubs as opposed to the dining room. Too crowded and dark an atmosphere to actually appreciate it. Ports of call were fantastic. We especially enjoyed St Anne's Beach in Guadeloupe.

Pros: relaxing atmosphere, the entertainment (shows), conceirge class room, food

Cons: No Carribbean deck party

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!

Ship was huge in size. It was very clean. I'm sure if I was looking for signs of wear and tear I could find it. However, didn't look for it so I didnt see it.
Food was delicious. The Cosmopolitan Restaurant offered plenty of wonderful choices. We had the 8:30 dining reservation which was perfect. Loved the afternoon tea sandwiches, sushi, and nachos!!! We ate at the Normandie one evening and it was delicious as well. Definitley worth a trip there during the week.
Our Conceirge Class Stateroom was fabulous. It seemed much bigger to me than the regular veranda stateroom that I have had during previous cruises. Our stateroom attendant Joaquim was very helpful and was always there to make sure that our needs were being met. I slept well every night. Room was decorated beautifully. It was well worth it to upgrade to Conceirge Class....we loved having breakfast delivered to our stateroom every morning.
As stated above, the quality of the ship's staff was great. Joaquim our stateroom attendent was wonderful. Our waiter Gilberto and our assistant Waiter were fantastic, making great food selections and making us feel at home on the ship.
The shows were much improved than I remembered them being on previous cruises. There Celebrity singers and dancers were phenominal. Kamika was hilarious and David Meyer with his xylosynth was absolutley mind blowing.