Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

a great itinerary

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

The itinerary for the Celebrity Summit was great. We were able to see 5 islands during our 7 day cruise. The service on the ship was really great, the staff (for the most part) are very attentive. I thought the food was OK... I expected it to be incredible after listening to everyone talk about how great the food is on cruise ships. You can't beat having meals available to you at all times. We did concierge class which included fresh fruit and water in your room everyday but not much else. I don't think I would waste the money on this service again. The pool was very small, so on the day at sea, you couldn't even get near it because everyone had positioned themselves there for the day. The cruise ship's band sang the same 20 songs every night- that kind of discouraged me from wanting to stay up and hang out at the club. But for the most part- it was great because we got to see 5 islands, we had great service, and our room was comfortable, excursions set up by the ship were pretty good as well. The ship was very clean.. they had Purrell everywhere and the staff was constantly cleaning everywhere.

Pros: getting to see 5 islands on a 7 day cruise was awesome!

Cons: I expected the food to be better than it was.

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.

specialty dining allowed more flexibility as to the time you could eat which was great. The quality of the desserts were incredible but the main food meals (in my opinion) were average.
You would always pass someone cleaning some area- it seemed like they never stopped cleaning.
the stateroom was a good size, kept very clean, and even had a couch which was nice.
the staff was great.
The shows were good. The celebrity dancers did quite a few shows and the stage props and set up were quite impressive considering we were on a ship. They had entertainment every night which made it nice.
It appeared that they had a lot of activities to keep the kids busy because we didn't see the 500 young kids that were on the ship until the day at sea.