Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Very Disappointed!

Sail Date: March 01, 2008

Let me start by listing the good things about the Summit: it's not crowded and the Therapeutic pool is great!
Now my feelings about the rest of this ship:
Unfortunately this has been the worst vacation I have ever taken. We had high expectations coming on board of Celebrity Summit, especially after reading all the wonderful reviews. When we came on board we saw how outdated the ship was, and how so many things needed touch ups. We have traveled with Royal Caribbean before and on their ships and never experienced such a disappointment as with this Celebrity Summit. The worst things were the food, or the lock thereof, and horrible service!!! There were hardly any variety at the breakfast buffet, the juices were watered down, the glasses were filthy and the yogurt had an expiration date from a week ago! At lunch there were hardly any meals to pick from, at dinner there were even more disappointments! At the last dinner the waiter accidentally dropped a shrimp cocktail plate on my arm, and after saying "please tell me you're okay" ran off without even trying to help me clean up nor picking up the shrimps that were all over the floor, which by the way stayed there for the rest of our dinner that night!!!! We did not have not one single meal that we truly enjoyed!
There were a lot of disappointments with the shore excursions too, so be careful when booking something.

Pros: Therapeutic pool and Sauna

Cons: Everything else

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.