Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Hawaii

Celebrity CHEATING Custom

Sail Date: April 28, 2014

I was one of the unlucky passages on the 10 nights cruise line from Hawaii to Vancouver from April 28, 2014 to May 8, 2014 with Celebrity Solstice. I got food poison on May 5th 2014, it was the seventh day with the cruise and the third day at sea (I did not have any opportunity to have food or drinks from other providers for 3 day before I got food poison). I went to bathroom 20 times at the night and was badly ill. I met Celebrity doctor in the early morning on May06 and was isolated from 8:00 am on May06. I was told, to protect other passengers, I cannot leave my room for a single step. To do so, as an appreciation, Celebrity will grant me a compensation offer to compensate my lost. I didn't eat anything in May06 and only a piece of bread and hot water in May07 and was very sick during the last period of my trip. The doctor released me at 4:00 pm on May07. By then, I was isolated for 2 days. We went to guest relation desk for 3 times, the representative tried his best to find excuse and delay the offer letter.  Eventually we got the offer midnight before we had to off board on next early morning and the compensation offer stated I was only isolated for one day. I asked the guest relation desk to dispute it, but they asked me to contact with Celebrity after I off board because no time for me to do so on the ship. I contacted with Celebrity several times and was told they can't change the offer letter because the doctor's record shows I was only isolated for one day. They sent me a copy of the doctor's record and it stated I was isolated from 9:00 am on May 06 and was released 8:00 am on May 07 which was a lie. I even talked with their supervisor regarding the issue. But they said they only can trust their doctor's record, not their custom's terrible real experience. At this point, I made decision that I won't take Celebrity cruise anymore because of their cheating, their bad attitude, not the food poison. I was ill because the food Celebrity provided. And not only myself got sick, several passengers were sick as well. Celebrity said they would compensate for my lost in this trip, but they cheating on the days. They only gave me one day on board credit for my future trip with Celebrity and the credit must be used in one year.

I share my bad experiences with you here in case you choose Celebrity. Be careful with their food. If anything smells strange, don't eat them. If any bad things happened to you, be sure to get the problem solved when you are on board, even though the lineup is super long in front of the guess relation desk.

Be careful with their food. If anything smells strange, don't eat them. If any bad things happened to you, be sure to get the problem solved when you are on board, even though the lineup is super long in front of the guess relation desk.