Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Third Mate

You be the judge

Sail Date: September 01, 2012

This is the first and only time I have ever posted a review on any vacation events. You can read this and come to your own opinion of what you think is right. On 09/20/2012 set sail from Barcelona on 12 day Mediterranean cruise. Assigned cabin 3805. We were very pleased with our stateroom and looking forward to a pleasant relaxing vacation. Initially we noticed a vibration over the headboard and bed but decided that it was caused by the engines or water dynamics of the ship, it would probably go away. It didn't, it just got worse. Laying my head on the headboard actually would make my glasses fall off my face (funny I know). We were dead tired and really needed to sleep which was impossible due to the extreme vibration of the entire bed. We have been on over 10 cruises and understand the occasional bump of a wave or creeking of the ship, but we have never experienced something like this. We requested any other room on the ship. Celebrity cruise denied and refused our request. We tried to sleep on a small couch that night but wasn't able to sleep until the ship arrived into port and the engine vibrations stopped. We realized that we could not continue the cruise for 11more days without sleep and were forced to leave the ship at the first stop in Cannes France. We had to find a hotel for the night in Nice and return to the US the next day. We contacted Celebrity cruise line representatives concerning a refund, they pretty much told us \"bite me\". We're out about $ 9000.00 and sitting at home when we should be in Venice.

Pros: Cabin Stewart

Cons: Celebrity customer service

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? No.

Avoid stateroom 8305 terrible vibration from engine