Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Dealing with Celebrity after Norovirus

Sail Date: March 01, 2011

We waited for a few months before deciding to write about This review,as we were hoping Celebrity would make us feel they do care when cruises go terribly wrong. We embarked March 13th for a 7 day cruise to the eastern Caribbean.At around 3:00AM Tuesday morning I awoke as sick as I have ever been. Went to the medical office and received a IV drip and a shot and was taken back to our cabin in a wheelchair and Quarantined. Wednesday I still was on a limited food menu, mostly White rice and some watermelon We decide that maybe a short walk would be OK.Around noon We hoped to at least go to the shopping near the pier at St Thomas. I was challenged and had to wait till they cleared me with the doctor. We got off the ship and before we went 50 or so yards my wife got sick and threw up several times. Thurs. we both went to the ships hospital and my wife was given a shot. I also had a rencurrence and was given pills for the diarrhea,Both of us were back on Quarantine. Finally at 3pm on friday Medical called and said we were now free to move about the ship. Unfortunately we were both not feeling well enough to particpate in any of the things the ship offered. No dinners ,no shows, no ports of call, no poolside activites...We had one dinner and one show for the entire cruise. This ship had real problems as we found out later when we were disembarking. Even our luggage was put in an isolated area at the pier. As a "gesture of goodwill" they offered us about 6% of what we paid for our cruise- toward another cruise on any Celebrity ship. We consider this an insult and am sending the offer back to them. A tip to all of my fellow cruisers be sure to keep all records and don't rely on Celebrity to give copies to you or your travel agent. NEVER AGAIN!

Pros: I only wish we could find something good to say.

Cons: The way Celebrity Insulted us with its offer.

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? No.

We cannot answer because we were sick almost the entire trip with the Norovirus.
We did spend almost all the time here and it got old very quickly.