Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

AWESOME cruise!!!

Sail Date: November 01, 2010

My husband and I did the 7 night Eastern Carribean cruise last May for our honeymoon, and it couldn't have been any better. The food was delicious, there was so much of it at all times, and always tons of choices. The service was really great--we had a hilarious waiter from Panama who kept us entertained each night at dinner. I actually looked forward to seeing him every night. My husband asked to take some leftovers back to our room one night because he had enjoyed the food so much but was too stuffed to eat any more (I know, kind of odd), and instead of just packaging his leftovers, he was brought an entirely fresh meal! It was just little, thoughtful things like that that made our experience so memorable. Make sure to bring some dressy clothes and guys, more than one suit. My husband brought only the suit he wore for the wedding and had to wear the same thing both dress-up nights. I wish I had brought more dresses--on the next cruise, I will probably wear a dress each night (just cocktail for casual nights). Everyone was actually pretty dressed up each night and we felt a bit casual. Afternoon and evening, upon returning to our cabin, it was clean and fixed up, thanks to the staff. We had just a small, inside cabin, but we could have cared less. We spent very little time in there, the bed was plenty big, we had a nice flat screen, and nice couch and table, safe, closet, and the bathroom was small yes, but honestly it didn't matter. We actually enjoyed the inside room because it was so quiet and dark at all times that our sleep was very restful. There was a show probably every night, some were just ok, but most were at least worth the entertainment and fun to watch. The newlywed/not-so-newlywed game was HILARIOUS, especially thanks to the ship's entertainment director, Paul someone. He was a lot of fun. I wish we had been chosen for the game but another new couple was the newlywed couple, and it was a blast to watch them. I can't say enough about the downtime on the ship--it was ridiculously relaxing. The ship's railings are clear glass or plastic, so you can see the ocean virtually all the time, even while laying down in a loungechair (which we did plenty of, believe me). The Solarium was a great place to recover after a day of too much sun in Cozumel--we just spent our time sipping cocktails and doing crossword puzzles. Might sound boring but it was probably the most relaxed I've ever been. The gym was great, with treadmills in front of a glass window overlooking the water, so it almost felt as it you were going to run out into the open ocean. There were some good classes at the gym. We would have loved to hit the spa, but the services were ridiculously overpriced--instead of paying almost $300 for a couples' massage onboard, we paid about $65/person for a couples massage in a cabana on Passion Island--so much better. Save your money there.

Overall, I wouldn't change a thing. The only downside is we're worried that the next cruise won't live up to this one! Celebrity is definitely the way to go--it wasn't stuffy, but definitely treated you like a celebrity from the moment you step out of your taxi at port :o)

Pros: EVERYTHING

Cons: what's a con?

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!

So nice, tastely decorated (mostly)
Delicious, always tons of tasty options
We had an inside cabin and we still felt like celebrities!
Everyone was so sweet and helpful