Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First Time Voyage!

Sail Date: February 27, 2011

The Solstice is beautiful. With tasteful signage; I was able to find my way wherever needed after only minimal change in direction! A person can find a quiet corner to relax and read in, or they can be part of all the organized activities the ship offers.

Pros: Too hard to pick only one thing

Cons: Davey Jones decision to stir up the sea and rock our ship.

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!

I was out wandering around at 0500 on several mornings and staff were already cleaning glass and polishing every surface in sight!
If you can't find something to eat, it's because you are waaaay too picky! So many choices, and the food is created with love, and presented with great pride.
I was very pleased with the size of the stateroom that I shared with my sister. We had more than adequate storage. We were not there long enough to take advantage of "just chilling and watching a movie" because we "Had to be out in the ship or off onto an excursion,"
The interaction between staff was outstanding! The "Comedy Act" of Chef Thomas and Chef Mischa Graafmans was so enjoyable. They really do like each other! :) Our large group of 12 family members had numerous personal encounters with them. They made us laugh, they sang for us, they spoke to me on the phone (long cute story there) They made us feel very special. Forgive my spelling of names here: Eladio,and Jayay in the dining room, did everything but wipe our mouths at the end of our evening meal. They tried to anticipate our every need, and delivered such excellant service with lovely smiles and attitudes to match. Our cabin attendant; Irfan was quietly present throughout our cruise. He did so much to make us so comfortable! I mean he folded the edges of our toilet paper for crying out loud!!! Every tiny little detail was thought of. The cruise line has trained the staff well; I was ALWAYS greeted with a smile and a salutation. It has to be difficult to be happy all the time
You could always find something to do. Exciting or relaxing, it was available!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Can you ask the Rangers at The Fort to give tours?????? The bus tours move so fast, that you really aren't able to appreciate what you are looking at.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We did the Sea and See. It rained in the am, so the water was rather murky as no sun was penetrating the ocean depths, but it still was an amazing experience.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Our group did the catamaran trip and it was a blast!