Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The SOLSTICE Experience

Sail Date: August 01, 2010

The immediate impression is one of peace and relaxation, and don't get me wrong, that certainly exists on this ship, but the evening entertainment is anything but peaceful and relaxing. The shows were very high energy, especially SOLSTICE.
The rooms are streamlined and at first I was wondering where I would put everything, but to my amazement, there was plenty of storage space available, and the suitcases fit under the bed.

Pros: The relaxing atmosphere especially in the Aqua Spa area, limited to adults only.

Cons: Packing on the last day - so sad to leave this ship!

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!

Streamline decor with a great shower stall - what a gift. Cabin attendant kept everything perfect for the entire cruise, we never had to ask him for anything. I was at first concerned about storage, but that was not a problem once I saw the two large overhead cabinets over the bed - these were immediately assigned to my husband, as I could not reach them. The only suggestion would be to attend to the closet door - it did stick occassionally, and was hard to reach. The chairs on the balcony were very comfortable.
Not one problem for the entire week. Everyone was courteous and helpful. One time I asked a staff member where the rest toom was and he insisted on walking me to it. The Hostess at the Select Dining - Andrea - knew we liked a private table for 2 and was able to assign us accordingly.
All my friends know that I get lost in my own community, but this ship is easy to navigate. I love how they have the detailed map of the ship at every elevator. All the public areas were fitted with great chairs and couches with lots of nooks to just curl up with a book if that is what you wanted to do, and the Library was wonderful. The location of the Casino was very convenient and a fun place with lots of activities and raffles to draw you in.
We chose Select Dining and never had to wait for a table - dine at any time - we love it. Menu was varied every evening, and you could also chose from the flip side of the menu, with alternate options available every nite. The Oceanview Cafe set up is so much better than other ships. If you know you want BBQ, you just head to the BBQ section, if you want Pasta, do the same. You do not trip over passengers trying to see what is being served. The BEST Buffet as far as set up and the many many options, not to mention Ice Cream almost all day. The Ice Martini Bar is not to be missed - it is more than just a Martini - you also get a show.
Well, cant say enough about the Cruise Director, Paul Baya - he is very talented and his staff works very hard to keep passengers entertained. The evening shows and events were great fun and high energy. There could have been more activities available during the daytime. Beyond the Podium guest, Nancy Walker gave a course on Improve and then presented a very funny performance consisting of the passengers who took the course - very funny!
The Hot Glass Show is quite entertaining, but there are never enough seats and certainly not enough shade. Very hot, especially in August.