Very Good Cruise!

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: August 01, 2010
Ship: Celebrity Solstice
I love to dance and that is another reason why we took a Caribbean Cruise looking for the Caribbean music. The dance floors were really the best from all the cruises we have been. The dance areas were very large and with good floors for dancing.
I did miss some of the activities and facilities from other cruises, like the ice sculpting, chocolate shows, midnight buffets next to the pool, the ice cream was better on other cruises I have been. There were no Food and vegetable carving and ornaments exhibitions at the buffet tables and especially I miss the live, all Latin music to dance salsa and merengue at night. The band played just few songs in Spanish, not enough for my taste. The DJ at the disco played too many Michael Jackson songs. That was very annoying for my husband and me, due to there be so many more American or International, singers and songs he never played. There was no a good music variety and he likes to play two or three songs from the same singer artist consecutively, one after the other. I really did not like him at all. We asked for salsa music, bachata and merengue songs and even when he played the songs he keeps lowering down the volume and interrupting by stopping the music at all for many seconds. It look like he did not knew or like what he was doing. When it was supposed to be Latin Dance night he left and let the same CD play over and over for a whole hour. When he was at the main dance floor in front of the lobby playing Ball Room music he used to play all other kind of music that it is not considered Ball Room music. In my opinion he should be replace by another DJ that understand the difference between types of music.

I miss some of the activities and facilities from other cruises, like the ice sculting, chocolate shows, midnight buffetts next to the pool, Food and vegatable sculting and specially the live, all Latin music to dance

I love Karen Manuel, Mr.Fiesta, David, Humberto, and many others that took very good care of us during our cruise.

Pros: Everything!

Cons: The DJ and his music selection was the worst!

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!