Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Celebrity Awesomness

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

Beautiful looking ship inside and out. It is truly remarkable how easy it is to navigate around the ship considering how huge it is. Whoever set the floor plans did a awesome job. There are over 2,800 people on board yet there was more then enough room for everybody. If you can't find something fun to do on this ship then you probably forgot to bring your glasses/contacts. Please keep in mind that the cruise I went on was only the Solstice's SECOND voyage so I am sure they have improved overall (which is hard to believe).

Pros: Service, and Ship Quality

Cons: Weather,

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!

Very easy to get around the ship because of numerous signs, elevators, helpful staff, smart floor plans, and spacious halls. The entire ship was VERY clean.
Most of the food was great but some of the food needed some improvement. The buffet lines were pretty short because of the fast moving/serving culinary specialists. Keep in mind our cruise was the Solstice's second voyage to sea (brand spanking new) so I'm sure they were still working out the cuisine. The Dinner was better then lunch or breakfast. My one complaint is the buffet dinning place can get a little crowded some hours.
Having a room without having a deck to go out on is like owning a lake house without any windows (make sure you get a deck). The room was extremely clean with fresh towels, lines, and pillows being changed regularly if requested. There is a good amount of storage throughout the room. The rooms do include a TV but this is the last thing on your mind when your on the awesome Solstice!
I can not stress enough how friendly the staff were throughout the entire cruise wherever you were on the ship. Out of the 30+ staff people I came in contact with only one was a little grumpy. The maid and waiter(s) that were assigned to take care of us were extremely nice and all rewarded with a big tip after the cruise.
The entertainment is mostly all for adults so I didn't have a blast but there are plenty of options for adults. I was 18 years old at the time of the cruise. Some type of water ride/attraction would be nice for younger people like myself.
I noticed my two younger cousins (5 and 6 years old) having a great time but there didn't seem to be a whole lot to do if you stayed at the program for a long period of time.