Fantastic Vacation

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 04, 2010
Ship: Celebrity Solstice
This was my second cruise and I am hooked. The Celebrity Solstice lives up to the claim of being a class above all other cruise ships. The ship itself is beautifully appointed but the real asset is the staff that go out of their way to be friendly and accommodating to all of your needs. Two examples, after the first full day of the sailing, there was a form left in the room to fill out regarding anything that was missing to make your vacation better. In our room the doors to the closet were difficult to slide and the top drawer in the bathroom was askew. I wrote that on the form and that very afternoon when I returned to my room, both were fixed! Second example, after a full day of excursion on shore in the tropical heat, there were two very long lines waiting for the transfer boats to take the travelers back to the boat. One was for the Celebrity Solstice, the other for another cruise line. As we made our way through the port gate, there were two tables set up with overhead canopies, one serving ice cold water and punch, the other handing out iced towels to all Celebrity passengers. The unfortunate travelers on the other cruise line had nothing while waiting for the transfer boat to take them to their ship. I am completely spoiled now and other than wanting to try the Royal Caribbean Oasis, I will always choose one of the Solstice class Celebrity ships for my cruise vacation.

We signed on for the Celebrity Select dining and were able to have dinner at whatever time we wanted. The food was excellent and the service none better.

The only complaint I had was that many of the activities overlapped other activities so to it was difficult to attend one from start to finish without missing something.

Everyone greeted you with a smile and a good morning, evening, etc. They were prompt and accommodating to your every need.

Really impressive decor. The bathrooms in the stateroom as well as the public areas were more like ones you would find in fine hotels or restaurants.

My first cruise I had an inside cabin where you had to walk sideways to get from the door to the bed. This time I opted for a balcony stateroom and it was wonderful.
We opted for Stingray City and it was awesome!!
Don't Miss: Stingray City
Here we did the Dolphin Push Pull Swim. It was the best value and the most phenomenal experience. Definitely a must do and do again!
Don't Miss: Dolphin Experience
Beautiful country. We opted for a day at the private beach with snorkeling. You can miss the lunch option, but the water and reef are beautiful. We heard others had a blast zip lining.
Due to high seas and choppy waters, our Catamaran sail and snorkel was cancelled so all we did was shop through the port stores.

Pros: Beautiful stylish accommodations

Cons: On board activities overlapped making it hard to select what to do

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!