Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Could not believe it

Sail Date: May 30, 2010

I feel that if you have never been on a cruise before, you will love it. However, if you have ever been on a cruise you will be quite disappointed.

The service was horrible. If you wanted a drink it almost impossible to get one. You had to get up and go to the bar and get it yourself. I am use to people actually waiting on their guests and picking up dirty dishes, cups etc afterwards. It was amazing how long this took. I had a balcony room. It was very nice. The bed was made and the bathroom was kept clean. However, once again if you sat down a cup one day, it was still sitting in the same place the next.

I was not happy with the treatment by the staff. I saw a guest sitting beside the pool holding a plastic cup and the guest was asked to move away from the pool. The guest was not in the pool but sitting with legs hanging over the pool. The very next day, guests were actully in the pool with beer bottles. This was brought to the attention of the staff and it was ignored. I saw a group of older guests who had moved their chairs a little due to rain and other guests joining in their conversations. They were also told to move their chairs back where they were. Next day, pool chairs were moved everywhere on the deck and guests were actually blocking the entrance to the pool. I saw many guests get out of the pool and could not get by. Several guests made comments to the staff (not the pool staff but managers) and the comment was made which I actually heard. "It's all good"

The pool closes at 9:00. The bar at the pool closes at 9:00. There were no activities during the day or evening by the pool. This was a big disappointment.

Overall, we met a lot of nice people, had great conversations but personally, I NOT go on another Celebrity Cruise. All of my other cruises were with Royal Caribbean and they were all 5 Stars. Much better than Celebrity. I know that Celebrity is owned by Royal Caribbean but you would not have known it by their service.

Pros: Very nice, very clean ship

Cons: Service

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? No.

Food was good. I would not rate exceptional but the staff worked hard and they were very friendly.
As you can see from above, we were very disappointed.
The room was very nice.
If you are 90 and don't like to even watch they younger croud have fun this is the cruise for you.
Beautiful ship! Very clean and nice!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
People on the island are very pushy and makes the shopping experience bad. The water is beautiful and the cab drivers are great
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Beautiful beaches, great place to shop!
Don't Miss: Megan's bay