Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

I have cruised several times before and actually selected this cruise ship due to the person I spoke with to book the cruise. If you smoke, this is not the ship for you. Very limited smoking areas and can not smoke in your room or balcony. The pool closes way to early at 9:00 pm. The ship was beautiful and if you are in to art, they had wonderful pieces. The shows were disappointing especially the night that we sat for 25 minutes looking at a curtain that never opened and finally was cancelled. I am 62, my daughter 43 and my grandaughter 21. We found it difficult to find events that really interested us on the ship. We loved the islands and spent a lot of time on our balcony. or as much time as we could as we had a water leak that was spraying us. Had lighting problems and couldn't close our door. They were handled timely. I really don't know what to say. I just don't think it was a good fit for us. We were looking for more bands and music to dance to, deck activities and good shows. The service was fair comparing it to other cruise lines. Select dining at the beginning was not good but improved as time went on. I think this ship was more for the older crowd and they would enjoy a ship like this. I wish I could be more positive, but just not the ship for me. Sorry.

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? No.

I did not enjoy the shows and they had continuous problems opening the curtains and had to cancel one show. wanted more deck activities and bsnds to dance to.
We had a lot of problems with lighting, the door and the continuous leaking of water from above on the balcony which limited our time we could use the balcony