Great fun, except for one important part

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Celebrity Silhouette

15 Night Boston Broadway & Bermuda (Southampton To Ft. Lauderdale)

Sail date: October 24, 2019

Ship: Celebrity Silhouette

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 2108

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Booking this cruise with was by far the worst experience booking I have ever had. After booking thirty-nine cruises, many with Celebrity, I’m pretty sure I know the drill. The first PL travel agent was curt seemed impatient. She agreed to hold a cabin for twenty-fours, no deposit, while I checked out air arrangements. Very interestingly, she said I didn’t need her phone extension, anyone who answered could complete my booking. I made my air reservation with the required deposit, then called PL to secure the cruise portion of the trip. I spoke to Joshua A. Very unfortunately, he made a different PL reservation number for the air portion of my trip, and the whole thing became a nightmare.

Embarkation

Celebrity transfer bus from LHR to Southampton was more strenuous than I thought it would be, but we made it, in spite of having to get all our luggage and winter coats etc to the bus. Actual embarking was fine.

Ship experiences

We enjoyed most meals in the MDR. Meals at Muranos and Tuscan were delicious. But, meals in the Oceanview Cafe were dreadful. Meatloaf, dry. Pasta with meat sauce used to be very good, but not anymore. Desserts, tasteless. Enjoyed the bar.

Enjoyed the singer/commentator for the History Broadway Musicals. I could have listened to him sing and talk all day. Did not use the pools, etc. just too cold.

Oh, wow, I should have told you how much I loved the Broadway singer/speaker in this spot

Guess.

In all my experience cruising, I have never, ever had a better cabin steward than Rootesh. Our waiter was very good, and assistant waiter outstanding.

Silhouette is one of our favorites. Poor dead tree over the atrium.

Sitting on our veranda, even during the warm weather part of our cruise, was awful. Every time I’d take my book and a drink to relax on the balcony, the sounds of construction tools always drove me back inside the cabin. I missed an important part of this cruise.

Ship tip

Don’t book a cabin under construction work

Ports of call

Southampton (London), England

Went from the airport to the dock.

New York, New York

No excursion. Wonderful port!

Boston, Massachusetts Did not visit port

Too sick to visit this port

King's Wharf, Bermuda

Visited with relatives. So much fun!

Nassau, Bahamas Did not visit port

Abiding by US state department warnings (2) that this is not a safe port.

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida