Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Second Mate

To maximize your experience, do your homework

Sail Date: July 13, 2016

Due to the nature of this cruise, i.e. seeing 7 countries in 13 days, you must do planning ahead of time so as to maximize your time ashore. Also, I noticed the ship's excursions were not that encompassing, and were expensive. In this part of the world, consider Paddywagon, Scottish Terrier Tours, and BusyBus as excellent alternatives and for more scope than the boat can offer. Ship is very comfortable, but I did miss the center atrium - the heart of a boat. Crew was exceptionally nice, and the food was the best I had in 14 cruises. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather, as these regions can be wet and overcast. But you will see lots, in a short amount of time.

I think the port side (left) was best so far as when you are docked, especially Liverpool. This room is mid ship and mid floor, also very convenient for getting around

Stay with the basic beverage package, it is just fine. No need to upgrade.