Great Cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 17, 2016
Ship: Celebrity Silhouette

We are experienced cruisers, being Captain's Club Elite Plus on Celebrity. This was our fourth S Class experience and the Silhouette was the best of them all so far.

Itierary: OK, we knew where we were going in advance, and there were no new ports to us. I did manage to pick up some more Brinely Gold Coffee Rum for my bar.

Ship: spotless and beautifully maintained. We were in a 1C cabin unlike our usual Concierge Class, but our Captain's Club perks covered all of our needs. We were comfortable.

Food: I ate mostly the beef dishes in the MDR and they were very good indeed. My wife who does not eat red meat was less pleased as her fish was consistently over-cooked and dry.We were both very much impressed with the food in the Ocean view Cafe and would have eaten there more often if we had not been with friends.

Enterainment: This was fine for a cruise ship, the big production shows were conspicuous by their absence, a money saver for X?

Disembarkation: I have to point out that the Port Everglades is totally incapable of handling the load imposed on it by the current crop of large cruise ships. We waited in a line almost three hours, two and on half of it on a very cold and windy pier. This either needs to be addressed, or the Cruise Lines should take their ships elsewhere. Jacksonville, Savannah, and Charleston are all available.

Conclusions: This was a quick get-away to be with friends who we had not seen in a while and it met our needs perfectly. I would recommend Celebrity Cruises to anyone.

Just awesome. It's very nice to be served with a smile.

Cabin was fine, bed extremely comfortable. Storage space less than optimal.