Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Third Mate

Beautiful Ship and Good Experience

Sail Date: September 14, 2015

The ship was beautiful and clean.  My recommendation is to have a designated location for all night dancing/bar and an LGBT night located in a location that easy for people to chat and meet.  It was located in a location that was mixed with everyone and harder to figure out who to connect with.  Also, there were some stops that could have been skipped for overnight stays in places like Florence.

Cruise Photos

The representatives were so friendly and made our stay so relaxing and pleasant!
One recommendation, on first boarding, there should be directions given to everyone about where to go or hang-out until the rooms are ready. People were backing up on the port because there was confusion about where to go.
We participated in the LGBT night ever evening and made several new friends. Would recommend doing the LGBT night in a location that is separated from the rest of the population so it is easier to communicate and connect. Also, there should be one night club/bar open every night. The DJ was moved between 2 different places and it was hard to figure out where to go.
First we were not even informed that the shows in the theater were free to all guests; so we missed the first two shows. The rest of the shows that we did see were good. I feel that some of the level of entertainment could have been stepped up and being in theater production, it would have been nice to see more attention to detail and styling of the performers.
Sylvester was always smiling and friendly and attentive. Unfortunately since our first interaction with Melbourne, Lead Bar Staff, he was short and uninterested in service with a simple smile. Then another guest would walk up next to me and would be all smiles and very attentive; not sure if it was a class or package issue.
I wish there was a larger selection of "Mexican" food. The Mexican food that was always presented was nacho cheese, beans and fajitas. I noticed that the other cultural cuisines rotated. The Grand Cuvee was nice, but my husband and I had an issue, not only during dining, but throughout the ship of people staring at us and making us feel unwanted and uncomfortable. This was not how we wanted to spend our honeymoon. Our specialty dinning experience was amazing; Murano was the perfect choice.