Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great first trip on Celebrity

Sail Date: March 01, 2013

Here is a mini background\, I am 22\, and this was my 4th cruise and first cruise on Celebrity (having been on only Royal Caribbean before) and my boyfriend is 26 and this was his very first cruise ever. I read a lot of very negative reviews prior to leaving\, about the ship in general\, the food\, the staff and about the everyone being much older and I have to say... we may never take a different cruise line again! Celebrity was in our eyes amazing on every level. We were pleasantly surprised by how much fun we had being such a young couple on board. How great the entertainment was\, how awesome the ship design was\, how friendly and helpful the staff were\, how delicious the food and drinks were and so much more! The people writing those reviews must have been very picky or just plain like to complain\, because there was very little bad to be said about this vacation.

Pros: Great Food! Great Drinks! Great ports! Great Fun!

Recommends Celebrity Silhouette? Yes!

Celebrity Silhouette was gorgeous. The modern sleek designs\, artwork and different themed bars/restaurants were very cool. It was a huge ship and was kept very clean the entire week.
It will be very difficult to sum up the food and dining experience we had in this little review box. It was outstanding! We ate way way wayyy too much\, but regardless\, it was worth it. We had breakfast and lunch in the oceanview cafe each day\, tried specialty restaurants Murano and Qsine\, and spent the remaining evenings in the MDR. The oceanview cafe was a step up from any Royal Caribbean cruise I had ever taken\, many options and the eggs benedict and smoked salmon were so good we had some every day! For lunch there were plenty of options to change up your menu everyday\, and the MDR dinners were fantastic. My boyfriend even enjoyed two dinners at times! Qsine was a very unique experience\, but well worth it. I would definitely suggest going very hungry\, as they have you try many different small dishes\, but they add up to become a very large dinner. It was a fun experience and the food was great! Murano offered a classy 5 course meal and lobster cooked tableside\, was very luxurious!
Very surprised by the extra width of the stateroom and the stateroom bathroom. It was much larger than any of my previous cruise experiences. The TVs were great and had a nice selection of free OnDemand movies and 24-hour room service! We enjoyed that very much a few times wee early in the morning ;) The stateroom attendents were very prompt when needed\, and so friendly. They were always available whenever we needed a fresh towel or more ice.
The staff across the whole ship were very friendly and kind\, they went above and beyond to help guests. Our waitor and assistant waitress in the MDR were awesome\, great people to get to know over the week. We spoke with some of the bartenders and the waitresses/waitors in the other restaurants and they were great\, entertaining\, friendly and gave a generous pour!
We did not go to as many shows as we would have liked too\, but very much enjoyed the bars/nightclubs and the casino. My boyfriend even won one of the poker tournaments! We played Bingo and trivia one night\, and enjoyed watching the pool volleyball activities. The Sky Lounge and Quasar nightclub were great\, Sky lounge playing music from old to new and Quasar playing all new music. The entertainers onboard were amazing\, we enjoyed listening to them before dinner on the main floor\, in the bars and around the pool. The DJ/steel drum combo was awesome and The Runaways band was incredible!