Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

I liked the Solstice better

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

The Celebrity Silhouette was a disappointment to me. My room was nice, but the color scheme on the Solstice was nicer, cheerier. The food was not too good - much better on the Solstice. My salmon was tasteless and the second time very dry and my rack of lamb was like sawing wood or shoe leather with the steak knife! The entertainement was good all except the first night the Illusionist was on. He was bad and it seemed like he was on drugs. The second performance was better. Guest Relations totally sucked. The were not very knowledgable and each person had different answers and were a pain in my butt. I visited them daily starting as soon as I boarded the ship to check on my shipboard credit and with several trips daily, things were never really straightened out and each person gave different answers. I can't go into it as it kept me stressed the whole voyage and I lost sleep over the ridicuouisness of the whole thing. I would definitely hire all new staff for that area. I lead a very stressful likfe at home and never get to vacation any more due to monatary factor and taking care of my Mom. Therefore I looked forward to this cruise for rest, relaxation - neither happened because of the Guest Relations Dept. I also had no dining arrangements even though Celebrity told my travel agent I was late sitting and large table as requested. I had to take care of that myself and I asked to get the tips credited as I wanted to pay them. Nothing has shown up on my charge as yet in referenct to a credit, and I did tip cash. It better be deleted from my Visa card.

All in all, I was definitely disappointed and will probably not sail Celebrity again. It has been my favorite line, I've cruised on 6 of your ships and have highly recommended yuor line to anyone I knew taking a cruise.

Pros: Entertainment

Cons: Guest Relations

Recommends Celebrity Silhouette? No.