Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean

Had an excellent time

Sail Date: November 06, 2011

Overall I was very happy with this cruise. The excursions were excellent and the ships staff was exceptional. The folks running Michael's Bar (Andrei and Mihaela) were excellent. There was a bit of a "bug" going around and a couple of the entertainers fell ill. But none of the passengers (aside from a couple of cases of sea sickness) became sick. Ship was immaculate and kept clean the entire cruise. A couple of down notes though: Celebrity is charging a lot of fees for things that may have been complimentary in the past. The term "nickel and diming" was used several times. Internal communications were sometimes off as well. The daily program had some overlap in the schedule--showing two musical acts playing in the same spot on the ship at the same time is one example. However I had an excellent time and will recommend both this ship and Celebrity to anyone.

Pros: Excursions, friendly staff, good entertainment,easy boarding

Recommends Celebrity Silhouette? Yes!

Loved the large flat screen TV and the large bathroom I had in my stateroom. The storage space was fine for a single person--but I could see it being an issue with two or more people in the room.
Everyone was excellent!
The food in the main dining was good--but a disappointment from previous cruises. Too many specialty restaurants. If you are paying this much for a cruise then you should not need to go someplace else on the ship for fine dining.
The Allegria Strings, Spira Band, and Lindsay Hamilton were amazing! All the acts in the first half of the cruise were outstanding. I liked most of the acts in the second half--but I don't think they were age appropriate for this crowd. The majority of passengers were in their late 40's and up and did not get the references to some of the music.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
St. John's, Antigua
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Don't Miss: You must do the Helmet Diving with Sea Trek. Amazing fun!!!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The BOSS excursion was AWESOME. The people running it were excellent.
Castries, St. Lucia
We spent the day doing the volcano excursion. The guide was outstanding and we stopped at some fun locations.