One of the very best cruises...

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

10 Night Italy & Greek Isles (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 27, 2016
Ship: Celebrity Reflection

Over the past 14 years I have taken 25 cruises with other lines, and although many were very good, none comes even close to this one.

This trip was A ONE from the very start. I was amazed at the ease, and speed, of the embarkation process. To illustrate this statement, immediately upon pulling up at the pier my companion and I were greeted by a Celebrity attendant. Told  that we needed assistance,  a wheelchair was available instantly. This may not seem a very important issue, but on other embarkations we had to sit and wait, at times over an hour, for such help. From then on things just kept getting better. Our cabin was large and well appointed. The cabin stuart, minutes after entering, introduced himself and went over all the amenities including assurance of help whenever needed. I found such courtesy and friendliness all over the ship. But the main dining room teem was even more outstanding. Besides excellent service, the head waiter offered valued information at each meal which made the dining experience  a plus. The food was good, so much so that I did not feel the need to make other dining choices. Both my companion and I felt that it "Could not get any better".

The only drawback was the excursion desk. I am sorry to give them a 3 out of a 10 scale, but those people were only interested in  selling an excursion, without caring if it was doable .  As my companion has an equilibrium issue, which makes walking on uneven ground as well as distance quite impossible, we went to the excursion desk to "discuss" possibilities for a tour in Rhodes and Santorini, and the agent tried to "push" tours in those places. Since I have been to Rhodes before, I knew that it involved a great deal of walking so I did not "fall" for any tours there. But I did for Santorini! However, upon checking with other passengers and finding out that this was even more arduous than Rhodes, I cancelled and was given a refund. The point I am trying to make is that those people will not offer any suggestions or help besides the product they wished to sell. I am not advocating using local tours, such as taxies, but at times those are a good solution. Also most places, Rhodes for instance, offer hop on/off tours which are very helpful if a person is interested in a "quick" and easy tour. It would have been helpful to know this!  As I indicated, this does not take away the fact that in my book  Celebrity is a great cruise line and I am totally "sold" on it. Hope who ever takes this rating as a guide for a contemplated vacation, will not be disappointed.

Large and very comfotable