Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Wonderful service on the Reflection

Sail Date: December 19, 2015

This is the 10th cruise I've been on (the first being one of Celebrity's first ships, the Meridian, which had long been sold off and is now at the bottom of the sea :(

My comparison points would be Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Costa. Our cabin attendants on deck 10 concierge class (a stateroom with verandah), Colin and Chitda (sp?) were absolutely spectacular -- unobtrusive but getting the job done in efficient fashion. I am told the Concierge category has an expanded room service menu, and pancakes, French toast and omelettes were on it for breakfast. I recall RC's being mostly pastries, fruit and cereals. I regret that one downside to our doing the Select Dining was not having the same waiter, and in many cases experiencing harried service (we made the mistake of sitting right next to the bus station during the Christmas dinner; very unappetizing seeing the slop shoveled about). One maitre d', think is name was Aja, was a bit put-offish, hautey and examining his computer screen as if he were retooling a Space Shuttle). As a general rule, though, the staff were extraordinarily pleasant. Most, from the cruise director to the cleaning workers, would offer a greeting as you passed. One recommendation, if you imbibe, is to avail yourself of the drink packages. The line offered the classic packages (alcohol for me and non- for my teenage son) as an included inducement (along with prepaid gratuities and a $100 shipboard credit -- all these on a holiday sailing so I'd assume you could do better). We upgraded for a total of about $15 per day for the two of us. With the exception of fine wines and the bar with the enomatic dispensers, you'd have a difficult time finding a drink that is not included. It seemed most folks were on the packages, and even so, the waits for drinks were not extraordinary. One would need to be aggressive at times in the Martini Bar, which had the tastiest concoctions. The inclusion of larger-size Evian, Perrier and San Pelligrino for stateroom consumption, is worth the upgrade alone. You'll be thirsty in the Caribbean! As for the entertainment, a celebrity impersonator (think her name was Kathleen LoBianco or somesuch -- fabulous!) a Beatles tribute group, and staff singers, dancers, acrobats and contortionists, were pretty good. The musical productions and song choices seemed a bit lame (really no scenery changes -- to minimal an effort in the props department), but I would not fault the performers for that. Overall, bravo to the Reflection crew.

Stateroom could use more drawers, but we made do. The attendants were terrific.
Miami, Florida
World's worst taxi drivers. Total idiots. (One who claimed to be driving 22 years there took us to Biscayne Key for the Doubletree, which is in Biscayne Bay). Another took us to an empty park in Little Havana, pointed to it claiming it was the popular spot Domino Park. I shrugged and told my son, well I guess the guys take Sundays off; they do not -- we found them at the true "domino park" two blocks west on 8th Street. Half the drivers said their receipts were not available for card swipes. We racked up about $250 in taxi charges to go an aggregate total of maybe 60 miles. We'll figure out public transportation next time.
San Juan, Puerto Rico