Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Purser

Best Cruise Staff in the Industry but Don't fly American Airlines

Sail Date: July 31, 2015

We had the most unfortunate thing to happen to us while traveling to our 44th wedding prepaid anniversary and yes, you've guessed it - no luggage showed up For 1 solid week, American Airlines managed to misplace or just lose our luggage leaving us without a stich to wear other than the clothes on our backs. The cruise staff in guess relations provided as much as they could but we missed all of our preplanned activities due to my Tux and the wife's evening gown in our lost luggage so we were forced to stay in our stateroom for several days while cleanings occurred. I have traveled millions of miles but this has been the worst experience ever and it is all because of AA who provided false information daily. when we finally received our bags we were receiving our disembarking information on the same night. I spent over $7,000 for business class and am Platinum and over $4,000 for the cruise and if it wasn't for Celebrity it would have been the worst trip ever so, please travel on Celebrity but avoid AA and US Air at all cost - they just don't care. Of course they insulted me by offering a $25 evoucher. Can you imagine that insult. they ruined my vacation totally and offered $25. If you want to do a cruise, travel on Celebrity, if you want to get there with Luggage fly Delta, United or any other caring airline. AA even kicked us off of our return flight citing the international cabin was over sold- what dumb airline does that for international travel. I booked our reservations in Dec 2014 and thought everything was fine until we were removed because according to the agent we were the easiest to be removed. if you are bold enough to fly AA take a carry on with most of your clothes in the bag.

always rent a balcony so that you can sit and enjoy the ocean without clothes on.
this was easy since our bags were never unpacked
please are constant cleaning
even though we didn't make some of them, I had been to these places before so I know they were great
because we had no clothes we could not attend any onboard functions
greatest acts on the sea
Julie, Olga, James Jr and the entire guess relations staff was outstanding as was out stateroom attendant (Harry) and a bar staff (Branko)
food was great and the guess relations on the Reflection made it taste even better
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
didn't spend any time here as it was just an arrival departure city
Messina, Sicily
try not to travel in July or Aug as it is very hot
Mykonos, Greece
try to travel in June of after August
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Rhodes, Greece
Santorini, Greece
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Naples, Italy

the reflection appeared to be prepared for many things but they could not help with no shoes, women wear (formal) but I normally travel RCCL but I will be back soon on another Celebrity ship but definitely not the same airline (American)

1 Comment