Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Overall Great Vacation

Sail Date: March 01, 2013

Only one long line during the whole boarding process\, and that was probably only about a 15 minute wait. We are a family of five and this was our first cruise vacation. The boat was perfect.

Pros: Perfect Cleanliness

Cons: a couple of issues that I'll describe\, but nothing to keep me from going again

Recommends Celebrity Reflection? Yes!

So clean!! Restrooms were perfectly clean with an attendant and warm towels for drying. Beautiful decor\, a luxury hotel on water.
Excellent food. We used the \"anytime\" dining plan. Next time we'll opt for a set seating time for three reasons.....so that our teen girls will know what time to be ready every night\, so that we'll have the same wait staff all week\, and so that we'll have dinner companions.
We had two balcony rooms\, connected on the balconies by a half door that locks open when requested. It's important to pack smartly for the optimum use of space\, but really i was surprised at how much room we actually had.
Great service staff\, room attendants\, every worker on the ship was great. The only reason I do not rate this as excellent is because English is obviously not their first language\, and it was hard to explain what we needed sometimes. I found myself using lots of hand motions to communicate. Once we got through what was needed\, they really went above and beyond. example....We asked for an extra towel for my hair on day 2. Every day after that the extra towel was there.
High energy cruise director and entertainment. I like the late night comedy shows\, but some ladies might find it a little \"raunchy\". The lady dancing in between comedians needs a partner or just to stop. It was awkward with the one girl dancing on the tiny stage in ill-fitting lengerie.
When we boarded the ship\,we went straight to the kid section to show my 10 yr old what was available for her.The lady asked her age\, put a colored band on her wrist\,and then just looked at us.The front area of the kid room is for little kids\,3-5\, so to my 10 year old that was all there was.The lady should've taken her on a tour\,help her meet other 10 year olds\,and offer some excitement to get her to come back up there.My 10 year old stayed with me and my husband the entire trip\, never wanted to go back to the \"baby room\". X club is for teens from 13 all the way to 18. My 15 year old took a look around and never went back\,no encouragement from staff there. Our 13 yr old loved it\, but this ship has got to help parents know where their teens are. Set up a check in/check out kiosk at the door and note where going. We literally spent hours\,not exaggerating\,looking for our daughter at dinner and at 1am after the club closed.Take a couple walkie talkies to avoid this problem.