Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Fantastic voyage...

Sail Date: June 18, 2007

Every moment on, and off, the ship was wonderful. The staff, including the art auction staff (Natalie, Claudio, Cassandra and Shivon), the store staff (young woman from Romania), the shore excursion staff and tour guides, and all others were delightful, knowledgeable, helpful, and tremendous assets to the ship. The ports of call were literally breath-taking; we only wished there would have been more time in each... We enjoyed the spa services, many times, during our cruise. They were sooo relaxing! The quality and variety of the meals was excellent! I ate healthier than I ever normally do, and although unintentional, actually lost weight during the cruise! It was great!

Pros: There were so many wonderful things about this cruise: the ports of call were spectacular and varied; the service was excellent, both on the ship, particularly the art auction staff, and staff at the shops, and with tour guides on land; the quality and variety of the food served was outstanding; etc

Cons: We had an interior cabin, and I disliked not having a porthole. Next time, I will certainly book a cabin with a balcony. What a spectacular experience it would be to sit on a balcony as Venice, Dubrovnik, etc. approach in the horizon?

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
It's the French Riviera!! What else do I need to say??
Don't Miss: Must see the beach; must see the fruits, vegetable and flower markets!
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
It's the French Riviera!! What else do I need to say??
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Beautiful city, friendly people. The coral jewelry is beautiful and unique, and the prices are good here. Comparison shop.
Don't Miss: Take a lot of photos; beautiful, scenic, historic.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
My absolute favorite port for shopping! Jewelry made in Florence is more unique, beautifully crafted, and gorgeous than I've seen anywhere else on the planet! (I've seen a lot! LOL)
Don't Miss: Shopping!!
Santorini, Greece
The views literally took my breath away. Magnificent turquoise waters as a back-drop for the cliffs scattered with white houses, with characteristic blue roofs and doors. Don't miss the greek design gold jewelry, the baklava, and the light-weight, comfortable gauze clothing.
Don't Miss: Eat baklava! Take lots of photos! Bask in the beauty! (I never wanted to leave!)
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
A "must see" at least once in a person's life, if for no other reason than the historical significance of the structures. Personally, I prefer the tours where you drive by, and stop for a few photos, rather than the ones where you trek over rocks, and hear history.
Don't Miss: All major historically-significant structures; I recommend taking a bus tour that passes the main sites.
Santorini, Greece
Venice, Italy
Must eat the gelato! Must see (and buy!) Murano glass! Must take a gondola ride! Visit the Jewish ghetto. Comparison shop, if time allows. If time doesn't allow, buy what you love! You'll regret it if you don't! LOL
Don't Miss: See above...
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Naples, Italy
If I could, I'd move to Naples/Capri tomorrow! It's difficult to express in words what you experience when you're here...you've really got to experience it ... heavenly is the word that comes to my mind!
Don't Miss: The inlaid wood items are unique and gorgeous; the cameos are also delicate, spectacular pieces.
Naples, Italy
Venice, Italy
Don't Miss: See above...
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Historically significant city; not my particular favorite. Always crowded; sites get tedious...
Don't Miss: Get gelatto!!
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Don't Miss: Shopping!!
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Don't Miss: Get gelatto!!
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Don't Miss: Take a lot of photos; beautiful, scenic, historic.