Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

"Almost the worse cruise."

Sail Date: November 08, 2010

Ship was old and aged, had to go to upstairs public toliet on two different days as tolits were out. Snaked out toliets with snake laying on carpet(I could believe this so I just had to take a pic of it). Asked a Guest relation person Damion Brownto clean carpet and wasn't done for two days. Had window broken 6"washer beam hanging in front of window tied to a balcony above with a rope for 5 days until it was unbolted and removed. I complained about it for 3 days before Jacque de Guzman Hotel Manager even came to look at it claiming yes that is unsafe. Still took two more days to be removed.
No pool activities at night or buffetts. It was the deadest ship I have ever been on, budget cuts I suppose. Third cruise with this line and last, back to Royal Caribbean or Princess

Pros: Ports

Cons: Unresponsive Hotel staff and short staffed in resturant. No more night pool activities or buffetts . Poor food choices.

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? No.

No night activities at pool area, I was told had to many complaints of noise??? Although I was given alot of excuses by staff for alot of things they used to have.
Ship in disrepair, found out it was sold to a German company was was due to be placed out of service in Feb.
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Great Beach
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. John's, Antigua
Had been on this island 4 times prior one of the times was our week long honeymoon at Sandals...so we went to Sandals for the day...THE BEST
Basseterre, St. Kitts
One of our ship sponsored tours was robbed at gunpoint on a baby's head, ship sent out letter explaining that we should always watch our surrroundings...this was a ships tour what were the people suppose to do.