Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Disappointing

Sail Date: June 01, 2010

Very hard pressed to get a hot meal, best bet was an omlet, or stir fry station if you could stand in line long enough. Coffee was great the lst day...then I don't know what happen, undrinkable. I would of thought being in Alaska you would have a meal of crab legs..NOT, had to go ashore for that.

Pros: Ports of Call

Cons: Food

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? No.

Our dining experience was not a good one. Like I said food arrived warm. If you are having a formal night enforce it PLEASE, we were celebrating our anniversary, when out of nowhere, two people we seated at our table in T-shirts and sweat pants. They were unbelivably rude!!! Couldn't wait just to eat my meal as quickly as possible and get out.
More activities are needed, found it boring while sailing. Took in a couple of shows, they were o.k. but activities during the day, nearly non-existent, the variety very limited.
Hot tubs not available, out of the 7 days they only opened them a for few hours, and not everyday. Could of been hotter. I realize they were doing maintenance, but you would think they could have a least kept on side operational. There public washrooms were outstanding, very clean, nice touch with the flowers.
Most of the crew we met were very friendly, Patrick in the La Playa Bar 11th deck was exceptional.
I was worried being my 1st cruise if the room would be to small, but it was good, lots of room, and very clean.