Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

A great way to spend the Holidays

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

We started watching many people who were not elite members go through the elite member line while everyone waited. One person was supposed to be checking credentials, but only acted as a greeter. People were not happy.. I started my trip not being able to get on the boat, as the new card they gave me, with my name on it, did not work. 20 minutes later I got on...The ship is definitely showing it's age. Overall I enjoyed the cruise. Don't get the Thassolotherapy, here again they don't check whether you bought it or not, so it became very crowded. Many folks couldn't get off at St Maarten's including me.... The captain came on and told everyone that safety was his number one priority, but the reality is they didn't have enough tenders, so many tours were canceled.

Pros: The food was excellent. The people we met were great. The itinerary was great.

Cons: Toilet broke 7 times, very inconvenient. Couldn't get off one of the ports duie to mismanaged docking.

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? Yes!