Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

my experience on the mercury to alaska

Sail Date: August 24, 2008

Room Type: Suite

This was our second cruise to Alaska. The first was on the "party boat and we just new that Celebrity would be "cut above" as the agent and others stated. We were impressed by being escorted to our suite with champagne. The suite was clean but small. We enjoyed the ports that we stop but the on board entertainment lack
much. We really thought it would be more upscale. The dinning experience was not much better than carnival. The breakfast was boring and repitious. The lunch was average. We were terrible let down at dinner. The menu was limited and we felt slighted in comparsion to other cruises. I must say how nice our suite butler and assistants were. They made the trip enjoyable. We also enjoyed the ports that we visited. We also felt that we were "nickled and dimed"
at every turn.

Pros: I was very impressed with my suite butler and room assisstants. They were professional, caring and aim to please.

Cons: I was told that Celebrity cruises were a "cut above" but I was terrible let down. I felt nickle and dime at every turn. The food was not great. The menu was limited and lacked a sense of class.

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? No.