Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

A Fabulous Time

Sail Date: March 18, 2007

We had a very pleasant stay on the Mercury. Our stateroom was a pleasant surprise, I had taken a cruise in Alaska in 1987 and was happy to see many improvements in the room; on my last cruise the bed was a shelf attached to the wall. It was well attended and kept fresh and clean through the entire 8-night cruise. Easily my favorite thing about the cruise was the food. Dinner was a celebration never to be missed. The food quality and preparation was excellent. I was happy to see vegitarian and seafood options on every menu.
There was only one time I felt frustrated during the cruise. When we were at port in Los Cabos there was a delay in getting off the ship because of a medical emergency. After the medical emergency was cleared a second medical emergency took place and there was a further delay. Instead of getting off at 10:00 A.M. we weren't able to get off the ship until nearly 1:00 P.M. and we had a 6:00 P.M. departure. I was told that is not the typical experience.

Pros: The Food and fantastic service

Cons: The delay in getting off the boat in Cabo

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? Yes!

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We were delayed in getting off of the ship because of 2 medical emergencies and the fact that all boats have to anchor off the shore and use shuttle boats to transport passengers. I think the town is fine, but I only got about 3 hours to see it and know it the least of the ports we had.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Mazatlan, Mexico
Mazalan was very friendly. I had a great time with a rented jet ski and sailboat tour. The water and beach were very inviting. It was also fun being shipped around the town in the taxi's that are essentially a souped-up golf cart.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta is very gay friendly and sometimes called the San Francisco of Mexico. The must-see location for those who enjoy an openly gay lifestyle is a hotel called Blue Chairs. They have a beach in the "romantic" or older part of town and they have a party on the roof at 5:00 P.M. We were given a free drink for attending and there was no cover charge.
Don't Miss: Blue Chairs
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Don't Miss: Blue Chairs
Mazatlan, Mexico
Manzanillo, Mexico
There is nothing wrong with the town, but it is geared up more as a port city for business and industry than tourism. I had a nice time there but it lacked the quaint shopping center and tourist focused activities the other cities had. We ended up being offered a 2 hour taxi ride around the area at a cost of $40.00. It was interesting to see all of the industry.
Manzanillo, Mexico