Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Not so great cruise

Sail Date: October 15, 2007

I felt for the low cost we paid, we got exactly what we deserved. I believe the Mercury is ready for a remodel. The staff does an excellent job at keeping it clean, but the condition of the furniture and surrondings is very well used and run down. The water temperature in our shower was not consistant and therefor we were freezing one moment and scalded the next. Compared to other cruise lines I felt the TV interaction programming was not as user friendly as others. I was ready for pampering and beauty when I boarded the Mercury, only to board and find quietness and dual colors.

Pros: The staff was very polite and helpful

Cons: The ship was older and run down. Not bright and colorful.

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? No.

The public bathrooms were not in great condition. Counter tops were stained and had ding marks on them. Doors were scratched and needed restained. Elevator floors had hard wood floors that were worn out and scratched.
Room stewards were excellent at taking care of your every need. Very clean, although needs new counter tops due to staining and worn out.
Desk staff was helpful but nothing to brag about. They just seemed not to exciting.
The evening dining room was the best part of our cruise. Staff was excellent and food was wonderful.
Entertainment was second class. Not a top show like I expected or have seen on other cruise lines.
Victoria, British Columbia
We took a tour of the town and it was beautiful.
Victoria, British Columbia
We took a tour of the town and it was beautiful.