Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Great Cruise

Sail Date: October 19, 2007

Enjoyed this cruise with my husband last year and recommended it to many people. Had the opportunity to take a girl's cruise this time. We celebrated my mom's 82nd birthday with her sister, my two sisters and one friend. Three out of the six of us were first time cruisers. This was my 5th cruise, second time on the Mercury and I think it is a great cruise line. We always enjoy Victoria but once to Nanaimo is enough. I stayed on the ship with my mom and Aunt and the other girls got off. They did enjoy themselves but did not purchase much except Nanaimo bars. Yum!! We were a little disappointed in the entertainment this year. It was exceptionally good last year and I was telling everyone how great it was, but this year, the comedian was really funny and the ventriliquist was good but his material was a little dull. We thought there would be music and dancing the last night but it was minimal and a repeat of the ventriliquist. He is good at what he does but his material needs some revamping. Too much drunk talk and old age, kinda boring. Overall, it was a good cruise and I was very excited to take my mom and sister, especially, to see their excitement. Too bad the weather wasn't a bit better so they could have gone out on the decks. I would go again. Even though we had inside cabins, Vacation Outlet did a great job at getting them all close together. Thank you!!!

Pros: No flying necessary, affordable, great food, excellant service,

Cons: Entertainment was not as good as last year. Need more actifvities on ship.

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? Yes!