Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

It was an experience.

Sail Date: March 17, 2006

Ship was ill prepared for our cruise. They did not have rooms ready so we had to walk the ship for a few hours. Again, our gift was delivered late our first day instead of upon arrival. Ship was constantly dripping in bleach everywhere you went. Seat were sprayed and not wiped so you sat on bleach. My husband's tux arrived a day late and staff did not handle this very friendly.

Pros: Evening meals in the main serving room. Clean room every day by someone eles. Being at sea

Cons: The fact that there was a virus on the ship and they were continually spraying without wiping throughout the cruise. There was bleach everywhere and it stained our clothes. We were suppose to receive a gift upon our arrival and we did not receive it until after 10:00. Tux was delivered a day late

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
I really enjoyed going into the outer city instead of the tourist portion. I loved seeing the churches and hearing the history of the city by the tour guide. The suggested Resturant was over priced and had average food.
Acapulco, Mexico
The drive to Taxco was great. We saw so much of the city and our guide was very informed. Once we arrived to Taxco we were taken by the church and all the silver. I could have shopped a few more hours but time was very limited. The food was good. My regret is that we did not venture out enough so we were guided to only select shops and sights. When we tried to shop at other places our time was cut short (hummmm). Anyway this excrusion is a must see at least one time. I would do it again but a little different. The silver was awesome!!
Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico
Now I would go back to this city in a heart beat of all the cities this one surprised me. The environment is still low key not so over developed and fast pace. We went on a tour of the museum and that was O.K. but to hot. I love history so it was good information. The church was nice and the shopping alot the same. There were only two shops that were a must see. I found a reboso made by the indians and a awesome blouse here. What a treasure I had looked for years for this type and quaily of items, truly a rare find.
Don't Miss: Sit by the ocean drink a margarita (the best) and watch the fishermen bring in their catch awe!
Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico
Acapulco, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
We spent the day at the resort. The beach and weather was fantastic. The hotel pool was filled with activities, awesome slide and the facilities were very clean. Great margaritas but the food was just O.K. My only regret was that it was to far from downtown puerto vallarta so we missed the downtown experience or anything else. The resort was in nuevo puerto vallarta.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Mazatlan, Mexico
Once again I enjoyed going to the outer part of the city and seeing how the community supported themselves economically. We ate at either at concordia or copala and the food was great. I only wish there was more time to walk the cities and really experince the streets, homes, church and community
Mazatlan, Mexico