Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Wonderful Cruise!

Sail Date: June 01, 2009

We just returned from this cruise and all I can say is "WOW!" From the time we boarded the Celebrity Mercury in Vancouver until the time we left everyone did everything to make this a wonderful cruise. We found the amenities abord the ship to be very good. The food was immpecable. The massage at the spa was wonderful. And did I mention the scenery? The glaciers, the whales, the eagles...A sight that words cannot describe. Overall a totally wonderful cruise!

Pros: The entire staff was super friendly and ready to help make your cruise a memorable one.

Cons: TV in stateroom was outdated.

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? Yes!

Although the ship is showing some age both in design and decor it seems to be very well maintained and clean.
Overall the food quality on board was great. The food and service in the Manhattan was impeccable. The choices were great. At first I thought the portions were too small but considering it was a 5 course meal the portions were about right. Wide variety every night with everything from beef carpaccio to escargot, roasted lamb to lobster, cherries jubilee to baked Alaska...I think you get the picture. I cannot say enough about our waiter and assistant waiter. HINT: Ask the waiter for his recommendation for the evening. We found that those were always the best dishes.
The size and condition of the stateroom was about what I expected. Bed was comfortable and everything was in good condition. We had a balcony room not quite in the middle of the ship.Other than an outdated TV the stateroom was great. We had one small problem with a flourescent light in our stateroom and it was promptly repaired.
From the time we were greeted as we stepped aboard everyone was friendly and helpful. Our waiter,assistant waiter and maitre'd always went above and beyond. By the second day they knew what we normally had for beverages and had them ready for us. They knew that our table of 10 liked a particular flavor of bread and they always made sure we had plenty of that flavor every night. We found that even the porters, stateroom attendants, custodial staff, maintenance staff, everyone was friendly. The room service staff was very prompt in delivering morning coffee usually in less than 10 minutes after it was ordered.
Overall I gave the entertainment 4 happy faces. Only one performer was mediocre. The on ship singers and dancers were great as were all of the house bands.