Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Birthday Bash was a success

Sail Date: March 01, 2008

A birthday celebration and what a wonderful time. We loved our room which at the end of the hall was quiet and peaceful. Our room steward and housekeeper were wonderful. We loved Sylvia and Widhi, who were attentive, friendly and a joy to chat with. On my 50th birthday in cahoots with my husband they decorated our with streamers and flowers. The roses were still in great shape when we offloaded and we left them for Sylvia to enjoy.

We loved the entertainment. The big shows were polished and amazing when you consider the dance steps and lifts accomplished on a rather bumpy sea. Our favourite was Randall a very talented and polished dancer.

Our table was attended by Wayan and Oskar. Wayan was a little quiet but attentive and friendly and he warmed up over the cruise. Oskar was funny and kind and he and my husband exchanged magic tricks over the nights at dinner. They were so kind, one evening I whispered quietly to my husband I had erred and did not like the meal choice I had made as the meat was rather tough. It was off the table in moments with a more agreeable selection in its place.

The activity staff was marvelous. We loved Joy and Jose as we always seamed to attend activites they were hosting. Joy full of energy and humour and Jose a diplomat and a gentleman. Joey and Jenny were delightful as well but we did not get to know them as well.

The trivia was fun, the one bingo we attended was funny as the machine had a malfunction. The only activity that sucked was the Karaoke and that was no fault of the directors. Apparently their karaoke machine had been stolen and they were making do with an old one with a non existant music selection. After the first visit to the event it basically died a quick death as a fun thing to do onboard.

The cruise had seven days in Hawaii at the start followed by 5 days at sea. I love it!! We were able to visit ports in Hawaii (our first trip) and then play for five days straight on board. Yes we shut down the dance floor every night. We just loved the band. What was the name... the Headliners? Winnie was lead female vocalist and she and the whole band were a delight.

The staff handled challenges with patience and tact. The line jumper who 'just wanted to get off the ship' for the day even though it was not her turn to the low tides in Kona that made getting off the tenders a challenge.

Boarding and offloading was fast and pain free.

I love the Mercury and the wonderful crew and friends we made on board.

Pros: the friendly staff

Cons: the karaoke

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? Yes!

Mostly clean and tidy, but I found the side decks took a trifle long to be tidied up.
Food was wonderful and open to adventure.
our attendants were the best
Couldn't ask for more
Lots to do for us and for family members who have different tastes