Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Great cruise

Sail Date: November 20, 2006

I started a reveiw before and lost it. If I sent it I appologize for repeating myself.
Our main complaint was that two other couples (Woodards and Klatt & Wojewski) signed up to go with us and not only did we not have our rooms close, but out table assignment was not the same. The table was easily changed but the rooms were not. We called in the Woodards reservation for them and were told we would be put together. Neither the cruse line or the travel agent would change, they each blamed the other. Also, ther were six of us and the card room only had tables for 4..We had to play cards in the buffet, and when the sun was high it was blinding. We asked 11 people to pull down the blinds, and no one knew how!!! On a cruise, everyone should know how to lower the shades. Also, one evening we were playing cards in the buffet and one string of lights was not lit making it very dim. This time we asked 13 people to turn on the lights and not one of them knew how.

Pros: Ports, entertainment

Cons: room assignment

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? Yes!

Waiters and buffet staff were friendly, officers were not. Gabriele went out of his way to find Herbal tea for me
We did not have children in this program, however we saw too many children running around making too much noise1
Were not put with our friends as provised
Our waiter Krystoph (table 685, I'm sure I misspelled his name) was superb as was his assistant Recep. This is the first cruise I have been on that did not has variety of Herbal Tea. Only Mint and Chamomile, very poor choices. And then the ran out of Chamomile, the last 6 breakfasts and lunches I had no tea.
Other cruises had much better variety of Herbal Tea: Orange, Lemon, Red Zinger to name just a couple.
Most of the dancers were very good. One, a brunette, was way too fat for a dancer. She should lose about 20 pounds. A dark haired male dancer (the Indian in YMCA) would be fantastic if he would have his teeth fixed. The little red-head put a lot into her dance.