Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Most Relaxing Cruise Ever....

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

This was a wonderful affordable 4 day getaway, my third cruise, my wives second. Nothing glitzy or terribly exciting...just nice comfortable and relaxing. Extraordinary views from throughout the ship...as well as from our stateroom. Mellow, nice and relaxing are keywords. No rock climbing walls, street dances or extravaganvas, but great for kicking back and enjoying.

Entertainment was okay....I'd seen better on my previous 2 cruises, but the theater was perfect. I haven't seen another with such comfortable spacious seating, and having a table at each seating for drinks was an unexpected pleasure.

The staff REALLY cared that everyone was taken care of and having a good time. The absolute best customer service I've seen on a cruise ship so far. Food was pretty good... but nothing to brag about. We were disappointed they didn't have more late night dining options however. But to make up for it, they did offer a free room service menu that we enjoyed.

I'd recommend this cruise to anyone who just wants a relaxing laid back getaway. This run (Seatle, Nanaimo, Victoria and return to Seattle) was very affordable even for our balcony room.

Pros: The Staff...the Laid Back ambience

Cons: Lack of after hours cuisine

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? Yes!

Nice...elegant more than flashy. Great Views and lots of space to relax and enjoy
Actually preferred some of the buffet items to the dining room cuisine...but we would have missed the great wait staff and thier friendly kind attention. More dining options would have been appreciated. Room service was nice for breakfasts and late night nibbles.
Fun, but not great. Great Venue though...
Beautiful, comfortable room.