Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Pictures don't do it justice!

Sail Date: June 15, 2007

Due to climate, we didn't utilize many outdoor activities, but there were many nice places to view scenery from inside the ship.

Pros: Scenery is unbeatable.

Cons: Food

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? Yes!

The main complaint about the layout of the ship was the Palm Springs Cafe, where the buffet was. Since it was in the middle of two outside doors, there was a cool breeze, especially in the walkway. The other is the crowding by the shops when they had a 'special'.
The main dining room food was excellent. The buffet line in the Palm Springs Cafe was confusing. Many people found themselves going the wrong way. Having a separate place for pasta/pizza and burgers/dogs was great. Other than the chocolate mousse, I had a hard time finding anything chocolate I liked. Food in the buffet was fair.
The first Celebrity Dancers Show was not very good. One of the singers was off key a lot. The other two shows were much better. The acrobat act was good. I tried to attend an activity in the Aqa Spa but there was no seating. There were several activities/seminars geared toward health and fitness.
The bed was comfortable as well as seeming spacious. There was ample clothes storage. The window was a good size. Good water pressure for the shower. No complaints here. I did miss having our towels made into special creatures.
My only complaint was when we were wanting to attend the casual dining in the Palm Springs cafe. It seemed like we were being scolded because we didn't have reservations, even though there were only 3 other couples there.
Ketchikan, Alaska
The Lumberjack show was entertaining. Without realizing it at the time, I bought some canned salmon that was from Puget Sound, Seattle, Washington.
Skagway, Alaska
We did the train/trail camp excursion. Liarsville, the trail camp, seemed phoney, but my husband really enjoyed it. The gold we panned for was brought in from Canada. Good scenery from the train ride. Shopping was a bit of a walk from the ship, especially in the cold, hard wind.
Juneau, Alaska
Much better view of a glacier than what we got cruising the glacier. Tickets can be purchased right off the ship, cheaper than offered with the cruise. Shopping was easiest, since it is right off the ship.