Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Perfect time for a Mexico cruise!

Sail Date: December 01, 2006

The ship was very nice, we have been on one other cruise with Carnival Cruiselines to the Bahamas. It was a step or two up from Carnival's and that can be good or not so good. The cruise was seven nights, three of which were Formal dress for dining in the main dining room. The other dinner choice was 'semi-spiffy' or a pizza and pasta bar, so in my opinion it was all or nothing.
- Also, unless I didn't look in the right areas, I didn't see any night clubs. The only areas I saw to relax and unwind had a piano or cello, flute and violinist and were filled with wine drinkers.
- All the staff were very polite and courteous, although I think our cabin steward enjoyed entering our room abruptly without knocking.

Pros: I love Mexico

Cons: 1) We didn't stay in any ports long enough for me, 2) we hit the ports one right after another

Recommends Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED)? Yes!

There was a huge breakfast buffet with anything you can think of, and food available till mid afternoon, but the choices for dinner were Fancy Schmancy, Semi-spiffy (that had the same menu three nites in a row) or not even close to Pizza Hut pizza and pasta bar.
The shows were all right, there was a stand-up comedian, a juggler, the ship dancers and singers and can't remember what else. Pretty good, I guess.
The ship was always nice and clean.
Smiles on everyone's faces, all the time.
Nothing negative to say about the room, with the exception of the alcohol prices. $5.65 for a CANNED beverage?!? come on now!
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Not a whole lot to see. For really good and inexpensive food, venture out of the touristy areas. Cerveza is pretty nicely priced... $4 for five Corona's, then get back on the ship and pay $5.65 for one!
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Best port to me. More touristy, but more to do and lots of green forests. Again we looked for some cheap really good mexican food, namely tacos and cerveza. We ate at a restaurant downtown, of course I can't remember the name, a little pricey but good.
Don't Miss: Do a jungle tour and absolutely take a cab downtown to go to the 'endless' flea market shopping. Again... jew. Look up in the trees, you may find a huge iguana looking down at you.
Mazatlan, Mexico
Quite a bit bigger. Go shopping and DO NOT pay what they ask for something. If you really want it, set a price in your mind and don't budge from it. NEVER pay what they ask. Whatever it is probably worth less than half of what they ask for it.
Don't Miss: Old town and the statues on the way to the city.