Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

It was a very nice ship.

Sail Date: September 22, 2006

I thought it was a very good looking ship. I wish the reception area had more light. It was kind of drab looking compared to another ship that I cruised on.

Pros: I liked the gym the most. It was nice to get up early and work out with not having to wait for a machine.

Cons: Somehow get a program to me on what activites are available on the first day. I missed out on activities because it was confusing on what activities were going on when I entered the ship.

The ship was nicelooking ship. It was a little disorienting trying to find my way around. Very confusing at first.
The food was good. I wish that you would have had deserts late at night, like the pizza and pasta bar. A lot of times people like to have a mid night snake of something sweet. I could never get thru to room service, that was irritating. Overall the food was good.
The chair bed was horrible. Need to come up with something better than that bed. I was there three nights and did not get a good nights sleep any night. I think that was the worst part of my trip. The stateroom attendant did try to help by bringing me a cushion for the bed, but I still could not sleep.
The staff was very helpful until they received their tip, then the service went down quickly. I could not find help if I wanted to.
The entertainment was ok. I enjoyed the dance show the most. The acrobat show was good, but needed more variety. After a while you anticipated what they would do. I do give them credit for their excellent skill. That was outstanding. Just need to add more to the show.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
I wish I would have known which excursion was good and what was bad. I felt like I wasted $32.00 on the little Stanley Park and shopping tour. I should have seen more of the town for the money I spent. Dropped off at a mall that I could go to at home, nothing special about the excursion. Vancouver is a pretty city.
Nanaimo, British Columbia
There was nothing here to see. Most shops were closed on Sunday. I thought it was a waste of time. It was nice that the city provided a free shuttle.
Don't Miss: The boat back to the ship, don't miss it.