Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska in beautiful

Sail Date: July 07, 2006

This was my first cruise. We were in conceirge class which was very, very nice. The food was excellent! My only complaint was that not enough time or resources were spent on the history and education of Alaska. I thought I was on a shopping cruise rather than an Alaskan cruise. Three very good presentations were made by a naturalist but there should have been more. On board stores seemed to cater to jewelry sales rather than anything else. Bingo was also pushed. I'm sure there are a lot of educators that would love to spend their summer cruising and teaching others all about Alaska. Mini seminars should have been set up throughout the ship.

Pros: Glacier viewing, excellent food and wonderful service

Cons: Too much emphasis on shopping.