Celebrity Mercury (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Alaska

Fantastic Cruise!

Sail Date: June 01, 2006

This was our first cruise, and we chose Celebrity because of the excellent reviews. Not sure what to expect, the ship, crew & ALASKA were all fantasic. Our room was spotless, the food was 5-star, and the service and staff were stupendous. Our friends who went with us on the trip (who have sailed under many different cruiselines and visited many different ports) said this trip was by far the best they had ever taken. My husband and I now look forward to a new way of traveling--by ship!

Pros: Smooth Sailing / Excellent Food & Displays

Cons: We paid for a whale watching trip--but could have saved our money because we watched whales frolic close to the ship while we ate breakfast. What a memory!!

You could tell it wasn't a brand new ship, but it was in beautiful condition. They were always polishing, cleaning, etc.
Great variety, beautifully displayed, AND everything tasted great.
I think the cruise ship hires "Greek Gods" as their crew : ) Also,our room steward William went out of his way to ensure our room was always in tip-top shape. Our waiter Gama took care of us--even outside the dining room. If he saw us in the regular buffet line (where we chose to eat breakfast), he would carry my tray to the table and get my beverage. What great service---and he always had a smile on his face.
WOW! All the shows were top notch.